Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day 1

No, I'm not updating daily for the next 7 months...I just didn't have a catchy title for this post.


Two things:

1. Silence is scary. Seriously. Without tv or internet, my entire morning was spent eating breakfast and wandering the halls of my home. I didn't know what to do with myself. There was no tv or radio in the background to fill space and my mind had nothing to wander to without facebook as an option. Not to mention we live in the sticks, so it's already creepy quiet to begin with. Finally I heard my phone ring when a sweet friend called to see how the first 10 hours of this whole thing was going...realizing she couldn't just text me the question. I was so thankful to hear her voice and put an end to the silence. By that time I had realized that a "to do list" was in order. While I had numerous things that clearly needed to get done, I explained to her that part of me simply wanted to revolt like a little child and not admit how much soul-sucking time I had previously wasted on media. As if sitting on my rump in front of a turned off tv and a closed laptop was truly proving anything...

2. I cheated. Yup, already! On that list of things to do, I needed to plan a trip to the grocery store. But, you see, I don't just go all whilly nilly with this...I'm a planner because I'm an ultimate forgetter and a hopeful saver. If I don't it write down, I will not remember to get it. On top of that, I plan meals out for the week, search for deals, and (yup, you guessed it) use coupons. Realizing that I always throw away the paper circulars and instead search for store discounts online....I faced my first 7 dilemma. Rather than sending myself into shock, I made the executive decision to use foodlion.com in order to expedite this process and continue on my savings streak. So sue me. Next week I'll keep the paper...



No comments:

Post a Comment