Sunday, January 1, 2017

my word.

Every New Year I see people declaring a word for the year, and every year I think its the most ridiculous thing ever. Until this year. I've joined the masses. Here's where this New Year finds me...

RENEW (v):
To resume (an activity) after an interruption.
  • re-establish (a relationship).
  • repeat (an action or statement).
  • give fresh life or strength to.
  • replace (something that was broken or worn out).

So, why renew?
Because 2017 isn't a time for me to start all over. I don't have plans to make an about-face or complete 180 this year. I don't have outrageous life change in the works, but my heart is certainly renewed. My soul, is different...or quite frankly, I've found it. Small tweaks and changes in habits will no doubt be happening, but that's just life and growth and...well, surface. What's renewed is deep within, so much so that I can't quite explain it. I just know I've found it and it's amazingly alive and beautifully messy and perfectly His.

Because the Lord so purposefully interrupted my life these past few years in order to re-establish our relationship. He very purposefully brought me face to face with some messy stuff and then pursued me through the healing, with the only peace found in His presence. If His hand wasn't so abundantly clear leading up to the hard stuff, I likely wouldn't have trusted Him throughout the long road that followed. I've learned that when God leads your path straight towards the storm, its not by mistake. His ways are perfect. And in my case, sometimes the most growth comes after the storm has settled. That's when God re-established Himself in my life. In the midst of the clean up.

Because I'm not willing to throw out the hardships of the past few years entirely. Don't hear me wrong though, I will not dwell. Not for one second. That's when the enemy wins. But I most certainly will look to give God every bit of glory that He so very much deserves for walking before me, with me, and behind me throughout this season. There have been some incredibly amazing ways I've seen His provision and generous blessing, while also growing me deeply in the midst of using and restoring me.

Because I find myself returning to very similar outward circumstances, but with an entirely different inward spirit. My ministry burn is so strong again. To be used by and for Him, but in a renewed way. I lean on God differently. I understand Him more fully. I rest in Him more completely. This isn't a new year for me, it's a renewed year. A year to return, to pick up again and continue on, to embrace what comes next from a renewed place.

The anticipation is high, y'all!! I can't wait to see how God uses our family in 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment