Monday, August 27, 2012

by no accident

I'll quote myself from a post back in January...

"One of the biggest things that sticks out in my mind from being in Haiti is surprisingly not how much we have compared to how little they do. That was blatantly obvious, and I could have told you this fact without ever stepping foot in the country. Instead, it was the experience of finally giving God one full uninterrupted week of my complete devotion and utter dependence. And what I will also never forget is the experience of returning home to a life that simply gets in the way of my life with God."

As I think back over the last 7 days, I nearly shake while reading my own words. This past week has been one of the most painful growth experience in my walk with Christ thus far. Trials are always difficult, but coming face to face with spiritual warfare in my own front yard was wrecking and sobering all at once. What I can be certain of is that there is a purpose, that God is in control, and that His perfect timing means I am a part of this experience by no accident.

I look down at my knee and see a small bruise. A physical wound from a spiritual war. I have never put so much of my life on hold as I have in the last week, and with no other agenda than to prayerfully seek His face, His guidance, His strength, His healing. To give Him my complete devotion and utter dependence. Sure, leaving for Haiti means putting life on hold for His sake, but that seems easy to do when you vacate the area. It was coming home that was the difficult part. Coming home to a life that simply gets in the way of my life with God. I can't begin to understand all of the intricacies of why God has me where I am at this moment, but I am certain that He is providing the perfect opportunity for me to rid myself of every last thing that stands in the way of His presence with me here in my everyday life.


No comments:

Post a Comment