Thursday, January 12, 2012

An Anniversary

Today marks 2 years since a devastating earthquake shook Port-au-Prince, Haiti. My heart breaks for those who have nothing, still. But I am so comforted in knowing that our God of hope and strength has a plan and is moving in this country.


Will you spend some time today and pray with me?

I'm praying for God's plan and perfect timing. For the lives of those who are still hurting, that they too will find comfort in our Father. For those who are new to trusting God's plan, that their faith will continue to grow and spread to others. For leaders, like Pastor Rene Joseph, and their steadfastness in chasing after the plans God has for them and their people.

I'm praying for the next team from Southbrook that is going to Port-a-Prince in just 1 week. That the 6 of them (Bethany, Allen, Andrew, Krystal, Austin, and Pastor Geoffrey) will be able to continue the vision of Southbrook Church in marking the world. That they are able to further extend the relationships being built with those in the area, being led by the Holy Spirit themselves, and showing the love of God.

I'm also praying for ways that I can continue to tangibly help. Whether that's going to Haiti, financially assisting others who are going, sponsoring a child, sending supplies, or anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment