Monday, April 4, 2011

My Dream Job

I had the amazing opportunity to apply for "my dream job", a position that I truly felt would be a wonderful next step professionally. I applied early and was given a phone interview. Saturday, when we got back in town from a trip to Greenville, a letter from the agency was waiting in the mailbox. I had not been chosen to continue to the in-person interviews. I felt so very confident about everything up until that point and was sure this would be my ticket out of unemployment.

To be honest, I heard a whisper last week. One I shared with Phil, but we quickly dismissed in fear that He would hear us saying it out loud.....as if He wasn't the one who whispered the thought to us in the first place! After the..oh..30th time of telling others that I had applied for "my dream job", I finally heard it. My dream job. There is no doubt I have a tremendous passion for children who have autism and their families. I have been blessed to find a profession that is something I truly love, it's not work for me. However, I do think I have neglected to let Christ take back that passion He gave me and channel it into the specific job that would fulfill His dream for me.

In the midst of all of this, I feel so blessed. My relationship with Christ has grown tremendously and in ways I wouldn't have paid attention to had I been employed. Phil and I are so thankful that we have been able to grow together and really put Christ at the center of our marriage. It is the most peaceful feeling in the midst of hard times! While this has been an awfully frustrating time period, we are not struggling. We continue to lay it all in the Lord's hands and He in turn continues to provide.

My favorite song right now is Chris Tomlin's, I Will Follow. Phil and I are so eager to respond as soon as the Lord tells us what to do. We so badly want to run after His plans for us, it's just that we're still searching for what those plans are. We are so eager that at the same time, we feel a bit vulnerable to the lies that Satan produces. Please pray for us to continue fixing our eyes on the Lord and discovering His plans for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment